We decided on 6 project goals to help steer our experiment.
1. Design a fast workflow for detection of miRNA.
2. Design a dog-bone strand with domains for miRNA attachment and molecular beacon attachment.
3. Synthesise the dog-bone probe, and circularize it, using an inexpensive method.
4. Get a standard curve for various RNA concentrations ranging from 1e-14 M to 1e-8 M.
5. Demonstrate system’s capability to select for the specific miRNA it was designed for.
6. Show our system is capable of producing quantitative results in human serum samples.
1. Collectively work on a project that can help people.
2. Provide an environment for all members to grow,
3. Have a project we can be proud of.